Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ten Ten Ten Ten Ten Ten Ten Ten Ten Ten

So, it's the new decade already. 2010.

Ten years ago, I was 16 going on 17, the final year of my high school life. Sweet memories, as always.

However, we look back to our past, so that we know what have we missed, which turns have we wrongly made, what made us who we are now, and try and try and keep trying to be a better person as a whole.

There are so many quotes and sayings about "the past" which I am more than generous to share with you. Click HERE, and type "Past Quotes" in the Search Box, and there you go.

Today I want to share 10 categories of the decade. Here are the lists:
  1. Top 10 Songs of the Decade (by Rolling Stones)
  2. Top 10 Movies of the Decade (by IMDb)
  3. Top 10 Emerging Artists of the Decade (by Heavy)
  4. Top 10 Sneakers of the Decade (by Complex)
  5. Top 10 Consistently Sexy Women of the Decade (by Gunaxin)
  6. Top 10 Style Trends of the Decade (by Complex)
  7. Top 10 Books of the Decade (by About.com)
  8. Top 10 Cars of the Decade (by CarFront)
  9. Top 10 Sportsperson of the Decade (by Herald Sun)
  10. It's my personal Top 10 of the Decade (to be posted later)


Top 10 Songs of the Decade (by Rolling Stones)

10. Eminem - "Stan"
9. U2 - "Beautiful Day"
8. Amy Winehouse - "Rehab"
7. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - "Maps"
6. The White Stripes - "Seven Nation Army"
5. M.I.A. - "Paper Planes"
4. Outkast - "Hey Ya!"
3. Beyonce - "Crazy In Love"
2. Jay-Z - "99 Problems"
1. Gnarls Barkley - "Crazy"

I've listened to all of the songs before this, and I like all of them. It's a good list.

Top 10 Movies of the Decade (by IMDb)

10. The Departed
9. Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain (Amélie)
8. WALL·E
7. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
6. Memento
5. Avatar
4. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
3. Cidade de Deus (City of God)
2. The Lord of The Rings: The Return of the King
1. The Dark Knight

I've watched all, except WALL·E. Well actually I've watched it, but not like REALLY watch it. The rest, PERFECTO!

Top 10 Emerging Artists of the Decade (by Heavy)

10. Banksy
9. Faiza Butt
8. Barnaby Furnas
7. Brian Jungen
6. Jean Shin
5. SIMPARCH
4. Seth Wulsin
3. Cai Guo-Qiang
2. Takashi Murakami
1. Swoon

This list is rather sophisticated. I've been following Banksy's movements for years, yes, YEARS. The rest, I'll slowly dig into their artworks. And Takashi Murakami, well I don't have to mention any further, I have a piece of his artwork. Click HERE. *grin*

Top 10 Sneakers of the Decade (by Complex)

10. Nike Dunk SB Low Pro "Jedi"
9. Nike Dunk SB Low Pro "Pigeon"
8. Nike Airmax 90 "Bacon"
7. Adidas x A Bathing Ape "Super Ape Sta"
6. Nike Dunk SB Low x Supreme NYC
5. Nike Air Yeezy
4. Nike Dunk SB Low Pro "Tiffany"
3. Nike Dunk SB Low Pro "Heineken"
2. Nike x ESPO Air Force II
1. Air Jordan x UNDFTD Air Jordan IV

Not surprising, I have none of these monsters. But I'd LOVE to have ALL of them, because yes, call me a hypebeast, I totally agree on the list. These top 10 is undeniably the best collections tp have. To prove my impulsive affection on sneakers collecting habit, the #1 list is actually my HOLY GRAIL. Demm dude's got taste!

Top 10 Consistently Sexy Women of the Decade (by Gunaxin)

10. Jessica Simpson
9. Christina Aguilera
8. Lindsay Lohan
7. Jessica Biel
6. Charlize Theron
5. Beyonce
4. Halle Berry
3. Angelina Jolie
2. Scarlett Johansson
1. Jessica Alba

Well I had to use this list because I need to emphasize the word "CONSISTENTLY", just to eliminate Megan Fox from the list (don't worry Megan baby, you'll definately be the #1 by the end of this decade!). And, the list was made based on the consistency of these babes being nominated in Maxim’s Hot 100, AskMen.com’s Top 99 Women, and FHM’s 100 Sexiest Women in the World. Now that's mathematics!

Top 10 Style Trends of the Decade (by Complex)

10. Independent sneaker designers
9. Graphic t-shirts
8. Plaid
7. Chambray shirts
6. Well-fitted suits
5. Varsity jackets
4. Fitted caps
3. Workwear
2. Cardigans
1. Slim-fit jeans

I have no idea what chambray shirt is, but other than that, #10, #9, #8, #6, and #1 are parts of my style.

Top 10 Books of the Decade (by About.com)

10. 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince' by J.K. Rowling
9. 'What is the What' by Dave Eggers
8. 'Middlesex' by Jeffrey Eugenides
7. 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time' by Mark Haddon
6. 'The Road' by Cormac McCarthy
5. 'The Time Traveler's Wife' by Audrey Niffenegger
4. 'The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society' by M. Shaffer and A. Barrows
3. 'Water for Elephants' by Sara Gruen
2. 'The Thirteenth Tale' by Diane Setterfield
1. 'The Kite Runner' by Khaled Hosseini

This list is even more sophisticated. I have, and I read one. #7. I really love the book. Click HERE.

Top 10 Cars of the Decade (by CarFront)

10. Toyota Prius
9. Ariel Atom
8. Nissan GT-R
7. Ford Focus Mk2
6. Aston Martin DB9
5. Audi R8
4. Ferrari F430 Scuderia
3. Fiat 500 Abarth
2. Honda FCX Clarity
1. Bugatti Veyron

Only 1 comment: #8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top 10 Sportsperson of the Decade (by Herald Sun)

10. Kenenisa Bekele
9. Valentino Rossi
8. Michael Schumacher
7. Annika Sorenstam
6. Lance Armstrong
5. Ronaldinho
4. Tiger Woods
3. Roger Federer
2. Michael Phelps
1. Usain Bolt

Apart from #10 which I never heard of, the rest of the list are just superhumans, precisely #1, he is beyond human ability. Watch it HERE. Jah!

*******

I'm kinda satisfied with the lists. They were all not entirely that bad, personally. It's not easy to choose from thousands of lists and actually make sense to me. You see, those lists were selected based on my personal opinions from different sources, safe to say from trusted sources, hence I put the source link so that you guys can compare to your lists (if you have one), even better from other sources. Perbezaan itu hikmah. I have to agree that a few categories were slightly biased (if not more), but I couldn't find a better list to top the one that I posted. Nevertheless, it's a good sharing.

So what about the categories?

Again, I can easily picked any Top 10's of the decade, but I personally chose those nine categories (apart from the tenth) because that's what I enjoy in my life. Music, films, art, sneakers, women, fashion/trend, books, cars, and sports. I wanted to squeeze in another category, which is "Top 10 Holiday Spots of the Decade" but I have no idea. I'll just leave it at that for now.

So what about you guys? Do you have any lists of the decade?

Just on the lighter note, in honoring the title of this entry:




Dem yuh!

2 comments:

Mh said...

10. Nike Dunk SB Low Pro "Jedi"
9. Nike Dunk SB Low Pro "Pigeon"
8. Nike Airmax 90 "Bacon"
7. Adidas x A Bathing Ape "Super Ape Sta"
6. Nike Dunk SB Low x Supreme NYC
5. Nike Air Yeezy
4. Nike Dunk SB Low Pro "Tiffany"
3. Nike Dunk SB Low Pro "Heineken"
2. Nike x ESPO Air Force II
1. Air Jordan x UNDFTD Air Jordan IV

Yes you got taste.
Air jordan x undftd aku penah nampak dekat rakuten.jp sold at rm26k errr

Budak Nakal said...

Hehe yeah man.

So for decade 2010-2019, I will try and get all these ten pairs.

I bet the #10-#2 wouldn't be much of a problem though, don't you think so? But, the #1, if you combine the total price of #2-#10, still couldn't top it.

Crazy.

 
web count
web count