Saturday, January 24, 2009

Movie: January 2009

What movie is that? I've never heard of a movie called January 2009? It's not you idiot.

You see, I've been watching quite a few movies this month, and God I either forgot to write my reviews here or i was too busy writing about other bullshits.

I love movies. Films. It's so powerful that's the only 'place' you can hope for something you wish you'd have. Don't understand? Go figure.

I don't wanna talk cock here. These are the few movies I've watched, and my personal opinion is that they're worth watching, one way or another.


1. 7 Pounds

Seven names. Seven strangers. One secret.


Starring: Will Smith, Rosario Dawson
Director: Gabrielle Muccino (The Pursuit of Happyness)
Producer: Todd Black (The Pursuit of Happyness, The Weather Man, S.W.A.T., A Knight's Tale)

If this movie doesn't touch every sentimental nerve in your body and reach to the core of your soul, you are not human. This movie will touch your heart in places you never knew existed. Each of us has seen those movies that reach deep within and cause the light tear to seep out of corner of our eyes and we quickly wipe it away and hope no one sees us. You will indeed be seen crying on this one. You will need a box of tissues. I do not know how or what the so called self critics are seeing, but I don't think it's the same movie I just finished watching. Yes it's a little slow, but its real.

My rate for this movie: 9/10!


2. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Life isn't measured in minutes,but in moments.


Starring: Brad Pitt, Cate Blanchett
Director: David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, Zodiac, Panic Room)
Screenplay: Eric Roth (Lucky You, Munich, Ali)

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is a film unlike any I've ever seen and probably ever will. A true epic that left me utterly speechless. It accomplished so much through such simplicity. Everything was top notch from the elegant directing to the subtly wonderful performances down to the magical score. The film demands you to feel not only for the death we witness, but for the incredible life we discover. It prays on the obvious morality issues we all deal with but also dangles the idea in front of us that everyone goes through the same joys and grievances, just not in the same way. This is a momentous tale that deserves nothing less than the title of brilliance.

This particular film is a curious film indeed. It has an intriguing and completely absorbing story, as well as the director, David Fincher, on the top of his game. With this film, Fincher cements his place as one of the best directors alive, as his film is nothing short of magical, mesmerizing, riveting, ground breaking, and ultimately, timeless.

I'll rate this movie: 9/10!


3. Pineapple Express

Put this in your pipe and smoke it.


Starring: Seth Rogen, James Franco
Director: David Gordon Green (Snow Angels)
Producer: Judd Apatow (Step Brothers, Superbad, Knocked Up, The 40 Year Old Virgin)

It's been a year since the glorious Superbad hit theaters, and here we go again. Pineapple Express is the best comedy of the year, at least in my opinion. I haven't laughed this hard in a very long time, nor have I enjoyed myself more while doing so. It's got everything! Fire, weed, guns, car chases, explosions, a beautiful lady and of course, blood and guts. Yes, I'm reviewing Pineapple Express, and not some twisted horror movie.

What makes this movie so great and accessible (to the viewer that is allowed to see it, mind you) is that it's got something for every kind of comedy fan: ridiculous action gags, the witty and snappy dialog, funny cops, hilarious pot jokes, and James Franco playing the most lovable stoner of all time. (yes, THAT James Franco). He took a break from the latest intense drama or Spider-Man film, delivers the funniest performance since Sacha Baron Cohen in Borat.

It's a great buddy movie to see with all your friends. It doesn't matter if you're a guy or a girl, you'll love Pineapple Express.


I'll rate this movie: 9/10 mofo!


Dem yuh!

No comments:

 
web count
web count