Friday, March 6, 2009

Dockers Spring/Summer 2009 Launching (Pre-Event)


I was appointed to be the event coordinator for the Dockers Spring/Summer 2009 Launching at The Apartment Downtown, Suria KLCC yesterday (Thursday, March 5th 2009). The collections is called "The Khaki Life".

Working as the event coordinator is not an easy task. I have to prepare (or at least making sure of the preparation) of everything; stage, backdrop, P.A system, F&B, seating arrangement, posters, performance, registration table, yada yada yada. But one thing is for sure, it's always a fun for me despite long hours of setup, the event day itself, and the dismantling part (which is always the laziest part).

Sometimes or most of the times I would say the event takes only couple of hours, but you cannot afford to have anything wrong happen during the show. For example, sound system shut down, or the VIPs are not being taken well care of, or the stage broke down, among others.

So yeah, I was in charge of the pre-event setup. Gonna share some before I write about the event itself soon.

Media release

The stage came in pieces

Dosh(yellow) and Nabil (cyan) sorting out the stage parts based on the layout plan

Our soundman, Mokhtar (black tee) with the setup

Izwan @ DJ Sundae provided the tech riders for DJ

Work in progress

Installing backdrops

Almost done

We started at about 1.00am after everything has been unloaded and gosh I cannot tahan already damn tired weh I left at 5.00am. I have to be there as early as 10.00am the next morning. Hopefully when I come the next day, it will be exactly how I want it to be.


Dem yuh!

No comments:

 
web count
web count