Thursday, October 22, 2009

Our greatest fear.

Everybody has their own fears. Not enough money, not enough love, not having this, not having that. It's always has to be something of never-ending satisfaction and appreciation.

Fear of death is what most of us, if not all, most afraid of. Little did we know, the greatest fear in our lives is not death itself, or the absence of life, but the fear of the UNKNOWN. Who knows the unknown anyway, except God The Almighty?

I'd like to share this one quote by Miss Shyla, my beloved English teacher when I was in school, in her blog and I quote, it's like posting something in cyberspace, once you click enter, you no longer have control over it. I couldn't agree more.

Human, naturally wants to be in control. They love to control. They feel the urge to control things, so that they can do or have what they want, how they want. They feel as if WEAK is the only suitable word to comprehend the act of 'not in control' or 'unable to control'.

What we forget is to just let things go the way it should or the way it wants. We always think of ourselves, and ourselves only, aren't we? We shut others off from entering our deepest thoughts. We want to believe that we are right. Go ahead and prove me wrong!, often used by us, no?

Do we feel contented that we are RIGHT about something? Do we feel joyous to the WRONG of others? Do we feel superior that we are the ones with the ANSWERS? Or do we feel threaten by the difference of others? Or is it just how we react to protect ourselves?

What makes us react in such ways?

KNOWLEDGE?

Yes, knowledge separates human from animal, or you can use whatever analogy that you wish if you have a different opinion from mine. The thing about opinion is that, when a majority agrees on something, doesn't mean they are right, it only means that they are popular, and nothing more. Don't easily get manipulated by statistical number, especially us men. I remember long time ago I had a white, big-sized Stüssy tee written "Knowledge is King!". But after all, what is knowledge, really, but high-resolution regurgitation?

I'd like to share a poetry, taken from a book called A Return to Love by Marianne Williamson.

*******
Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate,
but that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,
gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us.
It is not just in some; it is in everyone.

And, as we let our own light shine, we consciously give
other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.


*It is believed or often said to have been quoted in a speech by Nelson Mandela. Nevertheless, it's something we should give a good thought about.

*******

I'm not sure what I really want to write, to be brutally honest. I was never sure and I don't know if I will ever be sure of what I'm going to write. I just write. But what I'm really sure is that, these days, I only believe what make sense to me. For everything else, I don’t bother.


This could be everyone's greatest fear


Dem yuh!

No comments:

 
web count
web count